I put my radar and brain assemblies together and had the robot
lit up and talking for Halloween. Made a set of motorized ears
for him. I motorized Gary's radar with a animation kit from Greg.
Used a very nice crown from Bill, Jerry's motor cam set up and
Tom's LED brain kit. Using my I-B9 software, we had a great time
enteracting with all the trick-or-treaters. First time I've had
him in public, the response was fantastic, can't wait to show
him off again. Still have some work to do on him. Need to mount
my arm slides next.
I started to assemble the treads in the living room, that didn't
last long, back to the man cave. I have the lower half all painted
and assembled. I still need to trim the arms but I couldn't resist
installing them for a look. Going to start working on the arm
slides next. I opened the garage and before long all the neighbors
were checking it out, that was a good feeling.
I started to put me feet together. Moved this project into the
living room,not sure how long my wife will let me get away with
Some photos of my progress.
Made my aluminum bracket for my torso motor. This drives Andy's
gears, notice ring gear is mounted to bottom of lazy susan.
Been working on Gary's radar kit, very nice kit, went together
Made some acrylic brains, laser cut face plates 1/16" thick,
top plate is mirrored. This was a fun project, took alot of time.
Some photos of my progress.
These are Fred's legs I got on e-bay. I added some fiberglass
to the insides, they are thin and not made to hold any weight.
I made leg supports from the treads sections to the lazy susan
to support the torso. Still have to fit torso motor and then disassemble
for painting. Its pretty exciting to finally see him standing.
I feel like I've been spending all my time turning wheels. I've
never run a lathe before, didn't realize how long this takes.
I found all my aluminum rounds at a recycling center in an industial
area of town. Took me a couple months to come up with enough stock
for all my wheels, all together I spent $130.00 on aluminum. I
owe a special thanks to Cliff at Lincoln Welding for all his help
and advice, and a cutting bit he made me that cut through aluminum
like it was butter. Next comes polishing.
been making some progress.
started wiring my CSS, I'm using a molex connectors so I can discount
and lift my torso off of the CSS.
I started wiring my torso, used Tom's light controller, it works
Have my neon mounted, get to wire that up next.
Started work on my right treadsection with soil samlper door,alot
of work but its getting there.
finally have a color on my torso I'm happy with. It's painted!
making progress on my aluminum treadsections. Torso is textured.
Vents are made with inner screens.
view of donut, I did this a little different. I mounted Andy's
driven gear to the bottom side of the lazy susan, this let me
use 1/4" acrylic CSS base on top of the lazy susan,this also
acts as a spacer for a perfect gap between donut and lazy susan.
Bottom view of donut, I didn't want my donut to have to support
any weight. I made studs long enough to go from the lazy susan
down through the donut and waiste plate to my leg support. I drilled
out a large enough hole on the bottom side of the donut for a
nut and washer that will sit on my waiste plate without touching
View of the gap between torso and donut. I am very pleased with
the results. The gap is just right.
View of my new work area. My B9 and I have a new play area. We
have dish TV, heat, very comfortable. My wife calls it my Man
Cave. It's the only place I'm safe !
09/11/2007: These are the newest photos I would like added
to my scrap book. I have friends who are following my progress
and keep asking why I haven't added any.
07/04/2007: Started my aluminum tread sections.
Left one of the center panels tall to give more area to attach
leg supports Used all thread to set spacing before it is welded.
05/09/2007: Working on the Collar.